Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use NoodleTools to create your works cited. Enter the information about your source and NoodleTools will correctly format it in MLA style. OR copy and paste the citation from the electronic source directly into NoodleTools.
From you school gmail account, click the "waffle" grid in the upper right corner for Google Apps. Go to "more" to click on the special "NoodleTools" icon. This will get you in automatically once you create a NoodleTools account. The first time you use NoodleTools you will have to create a new account by doing the following:
- Click “Create a Personal I.D.” then choose "An account linked to a school/library subscription."
- Enter a Personal I.D. (of your choosing) and Personal Password then click "create."
- Choose the school location (Bentley School Lafayette campus)
- Enter your initials and the last 4 digits of your phone number
When you are registered you will need to do the following:
- Click “Create a New Project” in green on the right
- Choose "MLA" for the citation style and "Advanced" for the level.
- Enter the title of your project, e.g. “Quetzal”
- On the next screen look for a box on the left side named “Components” and click on “Works Cited.”
- On the MLA Works Cited page select a "citation type” from the box on the top left (hint: if you are doing a Gale reference source use reference source then click database on the top bar) The easiest way to enter the citation is to copy it from your source and paste it in using the "copy and paste" link on the upper left. Make sure to click "submit" after you have entered your citation.
- To Add another citation you would again select a "citation type" from the box on the top left. This is a working bibliography and you may add more citations to it in the future.
- Click “Share” on the "dashboard" of the project main page. After entering your name, choose "Triana Advanced Spanish Seminar" as the dropbox. You must do this in order to receive credit!!**
- Your “works cited” will be saved on the NoodleTools site for 1 year
QUESTIONS? -- Ask Ms. Bogas