Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Works Cited Help
Use NoodleTools to create your works cited. Enter the information about your source and NoodleTools will correctly format it in MLA style. Getting to NoodleTools couldn't be easier. Just follow these directions:
- Login to you Bentley School gmail account. Make sure you are looking at your mail (not google drive).
- Click on the "waffle" in the upper right side of the screen
- Scroll down the menu or click "more" until you see the NoodleTools icon
- Click on the icon - it takes you directly to NoodleTools.
- If this is your first time in this year, click "Create a New Account" and follow the directions on screen
Once you have your account:
- Click “Create a New Project” in green
- Choose "MLA" for the citation style and "Advanced" for the level.(the default)
- Enter the title of your project. e.g. “History Project” or "Reconstruction"
- On the next screen (or the dashboard) look for a Sharing and Collaboration box. In the Sharing Project Inbox enter Reconstruction Period ___ (your class period). You must do this to receive credit!
- Now go to the top of the page in the middle and choose Sources and Create a new citation.
- Choose the type of source you have then click Submit after filling in as many boxes as you can or copying and pasting your citation from the database.
- Repeat until all your citations are entered.
- When it is time to turn in your works cited/bibliography press the "print/export" button to put it into Google Docs or Word.
- Your “works cited” will be saved on the NoodleTools site for 1 year
QUESTIONS? -- Ask Ms. Bogas
Use your NoodleBib Works Cited to see exactly how to format each parenthetical citation within your text.
As a general rule the first "element" of your citation goes into the parenthesis. See the following examples:
1. Works cited entry: Danhof, Clarence H. Change in Agriculture: The Northern United States, 1820-1870. Cambridge: Harvard UP, 1969.
Parenthetical reference: (Danhof 5).
2. Works cited entry: Morrill Land Grant Act of 1862. Prairie View A&M. 2003. Web. 6 Dec. 2008
Parenthetical reference: (Morrill Land Grant).